About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I'm a middle aged battle axe with a bee in her bonnet about nothing in particular. Wipe your feet before you come in and keep them off of my coffee table. And, of course, you kids get the hell off of my lawn.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sometimes People Snap




There's been some stir in the local blogosphere about KatoAnon's Tuesday posting.  Several people have made comments that were critical of the rather harsh, in-your-face way she chose to deal with AN's year and a half long history of repeated nasty personal attacks on Kato and others - sometimes even going as far as making vaguely threatening comments such as wondering if someone’s boss knows they’re posting on the internet during work hours.  Kato apparently finally had enough and just blew the hell up.

Now, would I have gone the same route that Kato did?  Not likely.  It's not my particular style.  However, since the premiere of Kato’s blog it’s been obvious that it’s not a blog for children or the easily offended, and considering AN’s repeated nasty cracks here and there about Kato being (paraphrasing here) “from the hood, so what can you expect,” I don’t have much sympathy for AN in this instance.  She’s gone so far over the line so many times that it was inevitable that one of her targets would finally snap and let loose with a firestorm. 

It’s simple, really…if you keep poking a sleeping bear you can expect at some point to pull back a bloody stump.


UPDATE:  Our good friend, HT, has posted a very thoughtful commentary about this situation on the Bat-Blog.  I appreciate and respect his perspective on this issue.


http://hoosiertaxpayer.blogspot.com/2011/08/commentary-by-ht-hts-opinion-ugliness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment