About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I'm a middle aged battle axe with a bee in her bonnet about nothing in particular. Wipe your feet before you come in and keep them off of my coffee table. And, of course, you kids get the hell off of my lawn.

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Springtime In The Garden

Some pics of our side yard and our backyard vegetable garden.













These are actually in our next door neighbor's backyard, right next to the fence. We have violets scattered throughout our yard, but nothing as dense as this big patch. Beautiful.





Our little Lily bug by the iris bed in the back yard. She wasn't particularly pleased with having to sit and pose.






The crops, planted/planned: Two kinds of tomatoes, onions, bush and pole beans, brussels sprouts, bell peppers, jalepeno peppers, carrots, and two rows to be determined later.




This is a brussels sprout plant my husband planted last fall. It has flowered and is going to seed.





The strawberry pyramid - the daughter plants have jumped to the ground around the base and are marching off into the yard.



4 comments:

  1. I could be really jealous of your green thumb, but I'm too lazy to invest that much work! My hubby has a green heart and wishes for a plant-filled yard, but his thumb is more white with just a hint of green. He doesn't so much kill the plants, he just goes for annuals, while I wish for perennials, and he doesn't have a landscaper's eye! Bless him, he does try though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Cindi, I'm jealous...No green thumb here unfortunately...You'll have to update your pics as the season goes on.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindi for message about the trolls, some got real personal about my grandson and were deleted. I don't know if you read it but I think this is what precipitated it.

    http://clarkcountychatter.com/index.php?showtopic=1976&st=20

    I enjoy your posts and blog keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete