About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I'm a middle aged battle axe with a bee in her bonnet about nothing in particular. Wipe your feet before you come in and keep them off of my coffee table. And, of course, you kids get the hell off of my lawn.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Changes


It's been pointed out in the comments that allowing anonymous commenting has resulted in a confused mess when readers try to follow the conversations.  I initially allowed anonymous commenting to make it easier for people who didn't understand how to "sign up" to publish their comments without difficulty and to provide them with a sense of confidentiality and safety.  

Unfortunately, the anonymous commenting here has gotten completely out of hand and I am going to have to switch back to allowing only registered users (Google, Open ID, Blogger, etc.) to comment.  For those who don’t know how to get an ID (you may actually already have one and just don’t realize it), here’s a link to explain:


If you're a Chatter member you can send me a PM for more information if you need it.

I'm also going to have to start deleting some comments, which I really hate to do, but can't see any way around it.  If you attempt to "out" someone by addressing them by what you suspect is their real name when they haven't previously done so themselves, your comment will be deleted.  If you call another poster names like bitch (or any other spelling of that), ho, skank, etc., your comment will be deleted.  If you post a comment that accuses someone of a crime based upon hearsay, your comment will be deleted.  If you feel that someone has committed a crime and have evidence of such, I strongly advise and encourage you to contact the authorities - but this is not the place to make those kinds of accusations.  

I hope these changes will be welcomed by my readers, most of them anyway, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience they may cause, but I simply feel that I have no other choice, considering what has been happening in the comments.    


5 comments:

  1. You say...."If you post a comment that accuses someone of a crime based upon hearsay, your comment will be deleted. If you feel that someone has committed a crime and have evidence of such, I strongly advise and encourage you to contact the authorities - but this is not the place to make those kinds of accusations."

    But it's ok to say this?:
    Palin's despicable and irresponsible rhetoric played its part in this. She didn't give a damn that her hateful, violent spew might motivate a deranged person to actually hurt or kill someone. She didn't care then and she doesn't care now. She's a monster.

    What a crock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, but I saw immediately after posting where I could improve my sentence structure for the benefit of readers, since it might make my comment a bit confusing if I didn't edit it.

    Yes, it's okay. Sarah Palin is, by her own choosing and efforts, a national political figure/celebrity whose voice reaches millions. I accused her of irresponsibly by using her voice to divide and inflame, without regard to how it might affect the already mentally unbalanced. There's a big difference between accusing a political/celebrity figure of engaging in irresponsible demagoguery (based upon that political/celebrity figure's actual words) and accusing a private citizen of an actual crime, based entirely upon hearsay.

    If you can't see the difference, then I can only assume that your crock is cracked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHL,
    It's obvious you are one of the Democrats who is trying to smear Sarah Palin with this act of engaging in the exact rhetoric that you claim to condemn. I guess many journalists have rather selective memory, or perhaps are willfully ignorant. The Democrats have used similar maps showing political targets at least twice.

    I'm no big Sarah Palin fan. But watching the left's anti-Palin fixation in full bloom -- tying the shooting to her -- was like slipping down the rabbit hole. It was so odd and disconnected, revealing such a deep, fundamental misapprehension of political reality.

    Did any of these people watch the guy's YouTube videos or read his rants? The only coherence to his thinking is that he's anti-ESTABLISHMENT. He's anti-AUTHORITY.
    He doesn't fit the tidy little boxes that people have constructed for arranging the political landscape. Watching the left try to stuff him into the easy Palin/"teabagger" box was just stunning.

    I don't think the shooter had any serious political motives. He was plainly a paranoid schizophrenic in need of treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erma Thrask thinks Sarah Palin is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete